Who We Are...
Pineland BHDD is a public agency, a public corporation and an instrumentality of the State of Georgia, and is created pursuant to OCGA § 37-2-6 et seq. to provide mental health, developmental disabilities, and addictive diseases services. The service area includes: Appling, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jeff/Davis, Tattnall, Toombs and Wayne Counties.
The vision of Pineland BHDD is a community where those impacted by the effects of mental health illness, developmental disabilities and addictive diseases get the help they need.
The mission of Pineland BHDD is to develop and provide the services needed to minimize the impact of mental illness, developmental disabilities and addictive diseases in the lives of those we serve and their families while supporting their inclusion in the communities of Appling, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jeff Davis, Tattnall, Toombs, and Wayne Counties.
The mission statement is supported by values which set the standards for the agency’s conduct of business.
- All people have value and should be supported to reach their full potential for independence and self-sufficiency.
- A comprehensive system of services is required which are assessable, acceptable, effective, efficient, and of the highest quality.
- The priority population for service delivery is to those with the most severe disabilities and those who are without adequate resources.
- The needs of those we serve are usually best met in their own communities where they have the natural support of friends and families.
- The planning and evaluation of services must include individuals served, families and documented needs of the communities and will result in continuous improvement of quality.
- Services must be delivered by staff who are compassionate, knowledgeable, and well trained. This value will be supported by the provision of on-going training and education for staff.
- All programs will be designed and implemented in a manner that respects the dignity of individuals and their families and are responsive to their needs.
- Pineland services will be culturally competent and respectful of human diversity.
- Management will be accountable for maintaining administrative systems which support services, ensure fiscal soundness and remain adaptive to change.
- Collaboration with other community agencies and organizations will be a priority in order to provide continuity of services and to maximize resources available to support individuals and their families.
- Prevention and early intervention are equally as important as treatment. Agency plans will include goals that focus on prevention/early intervention.
- Community support and acceptance is critical to the success of our mission. We will communicate to area citizens the resources needed to provide services, the achievements of both the agency and those it serves, and information aimed at reducing stigma and increasing public knowledge.
- Pineland BHDD must always operate with integrity and high ethical standards which guide the agency in all decisions.